Do you think this cake is impressive? I think the simple lines help to make this cake stand out. I like the pastel green lines on the cake and can't stop admiring this no-bake cheesecake, rather than eating it even though it is very refreshing with the sweet and sour taste. I adapted this beautiful recipe Ribena Marble Cheesecake from HHB but I used green apple syrup to replace Ribena as I seldom drink Ribena at home.
150g Digestive biscuits, crushed
2 tbsp Gelatin
250g Cream cheese, soften at room temperature
75g Caster sugar (used icing sugar, sifted **add icing sugar to90g if you prefer a sweeter cake)
250g (1 cup) Natural yogurt (used Greek yogurt)
125g Green flavored Apple syrup (from PH)
- Line a 20cm round pan (with removable base) set aside.
- Combine crushed digestive biscuit crumbs and melted butter together in a mixing bowl. Press the biscuit crumbs onto the base of the prepared pan. Chill in the freezer compartment for at least one hour.
- Measure water into a bowl and sprinkle in the gelatin (without stirring with a spoon). Set aside to allow the gelatin grains to swell (10mins) before setting the bowl over a pot of simmering hot water. Stir with a spoon and once the gelatin melts, remove the bowl from the pot and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and icing sugar together until smooth. Add in gelatin solution and yogurt, beat till the mixture turns smooth.
- Divide mixture into two bowls, one with 250g cream cheese mixture and add in 125g apple syrup, mix well with a spatula.
- Spoon 4 tablespoon of the plain cream cheese mixture into the middle of the prepared pan, then 3 tablespoon of the apple syrup cream cheese on top.
- Continue alternately the cream cheese until you finish them. Don't tilt the pan, it will spread by itself. You can change the lines to zebra design if you wish (refer here).
- Chill cheesecake in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or till next day before serving.