Don’t you think this cake is impressive? The simple lines are visually appealing and I really like the pastel green lines on the cake. I can’t stop admiring this pretty, no-bake, light cheesecake with apple flavoured syrup (you can use ribena blackcurrant juice). It’s really easy to prepare and is refreshing with a sweet and sour taste. It’s best served chilled. I adapted this beautiful recipe Ribena Marble Cheesecake from HHB but I used green apple syrup instead as I seldom drink Ribena at home.
Here is the recipe (Thanks HHB for sharing)
- Line a 20cm round pan (with removable base) set aside.
- Combine crushed digestive biscuit crumbs and melted butter together in a mixing bowl. Press the biscuit crumbs onto the base of the prepared pan. Chill in the freezer compartment for at least one hour.
- Measure water into a bowl and sprinkle in the gelatin (without stirring with a spoon). Set aside to allow the gelatin grains to swell (10mins) before setting the bowl over a pot of simmering hot water. Stir with a spoon and once the gelatin melts, remove the bowl from the pot and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and icing sugar together until smooth. Add in gelatin solution and yogurt, beat till the mixture turns smooth.
- Divide mixture into two bowls, one with 250g cream cheese mixture and add in 125g apple syrup, mix well with a spatula.
- Spoon 4 tablespoon of the plain cream cheese mixture into the middle of the prepared pan, then 3 tablespoon of the apple syrup cream cheese on top.
- Continue alternately the cream cheese until you finish them. Don’t tilt the pan, it will spread by itself. You can change the lines to zebra design if you wish (refer here).
- Chill cheesecake in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or till next day before serving.