Why not try something a little different making Egg Drop into sweet dessert. Make it into Egg Drop Agar Agar Jelly to beat the scorching hot weather to cool down our body. As agar agar powder is tasteless and egg drop is rather bland, I added 4 pieces pandan leaves to boil with the agar agar liquid to lend a unique taste and aroma to the dessert.
- In a pot add 1200ml water, sugar and agar agar powder together and bring to boil.
- Keep stirring the agar agar liquid constantly until boil at medium heat, off heat .
- Discard pandan leaves, add a drop of rose pink colouring and stirring it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Measure 250ml agar agar liquid and 100ml of fresh milk together, stir well and pour into the silicone mould.
- Leave in refrigerator to set for 5-10 minutes. Using a small knife gently scratch the agar agar before adding the egg drop agar agar liquid on top. This method is to make the agar agar jelly sticks together
- Re-boil the remaining agar agar liquid with a small drop of rose pink coloring into it.(or add coloring after the egg drop)
- Beat egg until frothy and drop the beaten egg in a thin stream straight into the agar agar liquid and stir with a hand whisk in one direction. Remove from heat as soon as egg have been taken out and off heat.
- Gently pour all egg drop agar agar liquid on top of the white agar agar.
- Leave agar agar jelly to cool and place in the refrigerator for few hours before it is serve.