2 Overly ripe bananas (about 200g) + 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
some fresh bananas for topping
- Mash bananas and lemon juice together with a fork; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, cornstarch and vanilla extract.
- Add beaten eggs in 3 batches; beat on low speed until just combined. Fold in banana mixture and mix well.
- Pour into crust and steam bake at 160C for 40-45 minutes or center is almost set.
- Cool on wire rack for few minutes and carefully run a knife around edge of pan; cool 1 hour longer.
- For the cake decoration, top the cheesecake with sliced of fresh banana and some melted semi-sweet chocolate or ganache cream.
- To prevent the banana from turning brown, mix 1 tbsp apricot gel with 2 tbsp hot water then brush a thin layer of apricot get on cheesecake.
- Slice bananas to equal thickness and place on top of cheesecake. Brush apricot gel evenly on sliced bananas, then drizzle or pipe melted chocolate over it.
- Chill cheesecake for several hours or till next day before serving.
- For cutting cake – dip your knife in hot water and quickly dry it off before each cut.