This Soufflé Japanese Cheesecake has been made by many bloggers and is getting very popular. This is another quick and easy recipe using only 3 ingredients. I’m also attracted by this cake because one of the ingredients used is white chocolate. I’ve always given recipes with white chocolate a miss as I find them too sweet to my liking. So in this recipe, I’ve added some lemon juice and zest to give the cake a little citrus lemon flavour. The cheesecake turned out perfect, it is silky smooth and light that melts in your mouth. Love the lemony hint in this cake. Thumbs up for this recipe!
- 125g Cream cheese, room temperature
- 120g White chocolate (Meiji brand)
- 3 Cold Eggs, 70g each
- ½ tbsp Lemon juice and zest of half lemon
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Line a 7 inch cake pan at the bottom and grease the sides with butter, set aside.
- Separate the eggs. Place egg whites in the fridge which makes the meringue more stable.
- Break white chocolate into pieces in a large bowl and melt in a double boiler over hot water. Mix chocolate to smooth.
- Then add cream cheese into it and stir till smooth with a hand whisk.
- Remove the bowl from double boiler. Add egg yolks, mix well followed by lemon juice and zest, mix well again with a hand whisk, set aside.
- Whisk egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. If it’s thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out. Add ⅓ meringue into the cream cheese batter and blend well with a rubber spatula. Then add the rest of the meringue and mix well.
- Pour cheese mixture into pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter top to release the air bubbles out of the batter.
- Steam bake the cake for 15 minutes then lower the temperature to 160 degrees C for 15 minutes. Turn off the oven temperature and leave the cake inside the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool completely before removing from the cake pan. Chill the cake before consuming （about 2-3 hours) and dust with powdered sugar (or snow powder) if you like.
- 125克 奶油奶酪 （温室中待软化）
- 三粒 冷鸡蛋，越一粒70克
- 120克 白巧克力
- 1/2 汤匙 柠檬汁和半粒的柠檬屑