These Baked Mooncakes (adapted from XHS 小红书) are different from the traditional mooncake’s recipe that I’d shared with you before. The mooncake skin has a crusty bite especially when served warm after baking. It’s a quick and easy method to make these mooncakes with simple ingredients that are mostly available in your kitchen pantry. It does not need to add alkaline water and sugar syrup, or to wait for days for the mooncake skin to be softened (return oil 回油). Just mix the ingredients together to a soft dough in a relatively short time and you’re ready to assemble the mooncakes with a mold, then send straight to bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes. These Baked Mooncakes can be consumed immediately or stored in an airtight container for days to share with your loved ones during the Mid-Autumn Festival.
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Handmade Piggy Mooncakes 制作小猪月饼 (recipe with tutorial食谱~步骤做法）
- 75 g unsalted butter, touch to soft
- 25 g icing sugar - sifted
- 1 egg yolk
- 15 g honey
- 160 g plain flour - all purpose flour
- 275 g lotus paste - roll into 11 round balls at 25g each
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp water - egg wash
- In a bowl, beat softened butter and icing sugar till pale white with an electric mixer. Add egg yolk and honey, beat to combine.
- Sieve plain flour into egg mixture and fold with a rubber spatula.
- Then knead mixture to a soft dough and not sticky to your hand.**add a little more flour if dough is still sticky**
- Divide dough into 11 portions at 25g each and wrap in the lotus paste filling and dust with some flour. Then gently press it into mold and stamp out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 °C for 7 minutes. Then egg wash the mooncake top with a soft brush and bring the mooncakes back into the oven and bake for another 7-8 minutes till the top is slightly golden.
- I used salted butter and low sugar lotus paste to reduce the sweetness of the mooncakes
- used 50g mooncake plunge mold
- 75克 无盐牛油，微软
- 25克 糖分，过筛
- 1粒 蛋黄
- 15克 蜂蜜
- 160克 中筋面粉
- 1粒 蛋黄+1茶匙 水，搅匀 – 刷面
- 275克 莲蓉，揉成11粒球状，25克
- 将面团分成11等份 （25克）包入莲蓉馅，搓圆粘上少许粉入摸压花在烤盘上，底部铺纸。
- 小摸具 – 50克