Baked Potato Pancakes 烤马铃薯饼
These oven Baked Potato Pancakes are another guilt free comfort food that are great for a snack or serve as a side dish with salad and grilled food. After I shared the Potato Chicken Stew recipe, I still have leftovers of potatoes, onion and broccoli to make these potato pancakes. These Baked Potato Pancakes are tender, a little cheesy and fragrant. Most of the potato pancake recipes that you find online are usually pan fried but I chose to bake them in the oven for a healthier version rather than adding more oil to pan fry them. I find it is much easier and cleaner to shape out the pancake with a plastic mooncake plunger rather than using your hands or spoon to shape them. Not messy and the pancakes came out nice and round. It only takes about 15 minutes to bake the potato pancakes in a fan force oven but will take about 30 minutes in a conventional oven.
You can keep any leftover baked potatoes in the chiller for a few days and warm them up in the toaster oven for about 10 minutes at 180 degrees C before consuming or even grab to go.
Baked Potato Pancakes
- 550 g potatoes
- 200 g onion - peeled and chopped
- 100 g broccoli
- 30 g butter
- 20 g parmesan cheese powder
- 50 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 35 g cornstarch - or plain flour
- 1.5 tbsp dairy whipping cream - or milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- Wash potatoes and peel skin, chop to chunks. Boil potatoes with a pinch of salt until softened for about 20-25 minutes. Drain well water and transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Then mash the potatoes with a masher.
- While boiling the potatoes, fry the onion with butter for about 2-3 minutes till soft. Dish up and set aside. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water with some salt for 2-3 minutes. Then drop the broccoli in cold water for a minute. Strain and cut broccoli finely.
- After mashing up the potatoes, add parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese, mix well. Then add egg, whipping cream, salt. pepper and cornstarch. Mix well the mixture, then drop in the cooked onion and broccoli, mix well again. Place potato mixture in the refrigerator to chill for about 15 minutes for easy moulding.
- Roll the potato mixture into balls (about 65g each). Grease the mooncake mould with little melted butter or cooking oil, then place the potato ball inside. Place the mould on parchment paper and gently press the handle twice. Then pull up the handle and release. **makes 12**
- Place the tray of potato pancakes in the middle rack of the oven at preheated heat 190 deg C (fan forced) and bake for about 15 minutes till the top slightly brown or bake 30 minutes in a conventional oven.
- 550克 马铃薯，去皮切块状
- 200克 洋葱，剁碎
- 100克 西兰花
- 30克 牛油
- 20克 巴马干酪
- 50克 莫扎里拉奶酪丝
- 1个 大鸡蛋
- 35克 玉米淀粉或中筋面粉
- 1.5汤匙 动物鲜奶油或牛奶
- 3/4茶匙 盐
- 把巴马干酪及莫扎里拉奶酪丝和和薯泥一起拌匀。接着加入鸡蛋，动物鲜奶油，盐，胡椒粉和玉米淀粉拌匀，最后放入炒好的洋葱碎和西兰花碎再拌匀即可。然后收进冰箱冷藏15分钟 （这样比较好压模）。
- 将薯泥混合物揉成球状 （12粒 – 约65克）。摸具内刷一层薄薄的融化牛油或食油，放入薯泥球， 摸具放平在烘焙纸上按压，轻轻按压2下模具上面的弹簧，然后脱模就可以了。
- 送进预热烤箱（中层）摄氏190度 （要开热风）烤约15分钟左右至表层开始微黄即可。如烤箱没打风功能，就再加15分钟烘烤。
Cute that you used mooncake press to make this…my MIL will definitely love this.