These Madeleines filled with Pear Jam are delicious. The small cake is bouncy with crisp edges after baking. It’s best to serve these madeleines fresh and warm from the oven or to consume them within a day. The preparation is quick and easy by using a hand whisk. Just chill the batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes after mixing. This step will help the mixture more thoroughly and produce a soft bouncy texture after baked. I used the old recipe which I liked and had shared it with you before (Lemon Chia Seed Madeleines). This time I added some beetroot powder to give a little pinkish sweet look on the small cake with some pear jam as filling. The jam filling is yummy, not too sweet but smooth and fragrant with some small soft pear cubes inside. The pear jam was a gift from a friend from France, not sure if this is available here. Anyway, you may use any fruit jam you have on hand to add as a filling in the madeleines.
Madeleines with Pear Jam ~ cute dainty small cakes
Madeleines with Pear Jam
- 105 g cake flour or plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tbsp beetroot powder
- 2 large eggs
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 150 g melted butter
- French Pear Jam - or any fruit jam
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- In a bowl, lightly whisk egg. Add sugar and blend well till sugar dissolved followed by vanilla extract and lemon juice, mix well again. Pour in melted butter and stir well.
- Sift in the flour mixture the second time directly into the egg mixture, then add beetroot powder. Gently stir mixture till smooth and combined. Cover with cling wrap and place the batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (this will help the mixture more thoroughly and produce a soft bouncy texture after baked).
- Pour batter in madeleine pan (grease pan with butter and dust with flour) to half full and add 1/2 teaspoon of pear jam, then top with a little more batter to almost full.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 12-15 minutes or till the sides are golden brown. Cool madeleines slightly before removing from pan and cool on wire rack. Lastly dust with some cocoa powder and serve.
- 105克g 底筋面粉或中筋面粉
- 3/4汤匙 红菜头粉
- 1.5茶匙 泡打粉 (发粉)
- 2个 大鸡蛋
- 80克 细砂糖
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 1/2汤匙 柠檬汁
- 150克 融化牛油
- 馅料: 香梨果酱或您喜欢的果酱
- 把粉类物再过筛第二次入鸡蛋糊里加上红菜头粉拌匀至粉类完全消失。盖上保鲜膜放入冰箱静置30分钟。 （这样能使得粉类和水分能充分的融合，就能烘烤出弹牙松软的成品）
- 面糊再搅匀然后倒入马德琳烤盘中至一半满 （涂牛油在马德里烤盘上及撒上面粉），舀入1/2茶匙果酱，然后倒入面糊至9分满即可。