And I also baked this Black Glutinous Chiffon Cake two days ago and.. WOW! this cake has it unique taste, very light and soft, almost melt in your mouth.
4 Egg yolks
1/4 tsp Salt
50g Coconut cream (Kara brand)
2 tbsp Corn oil
30g Plain flour
55g Black Glutinous rice flour
1/4 tsp DA Baking powder
4 Egg whites
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- Sift plain flour, black glutinous rice flour and DA baking powder together and set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks, salt and sugar together until sugar dissolved.
- Mix corn oil and coconut together till combined and add to the egg yolks mixture, mix well and add flour ingredients into it and stir batter until smooth.
- Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy. Gradually add in the 50g sugar and whisk till peak form.
- Lower speed and slowly pour the egg yolks mixture into it. Stop machine and use a rubber spatula to fold mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into two mini moulds.
- Bake at preheated oven at 160C for 25 mins and 150C for another 15 minutes.
- Then switch temperature to lower grill and bake chiffon cake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove chiffon cake from oven, invert mould onto table.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before removing the cake from the mould.