Chocolate Fudge Cake 浓郁巧克力蛋糕
This Chocolate Fudge Cake is fudgy, rich and decadent. It’s perfect for any occasions. Making this fudgy cake is not complicated at all. I make this fudge cake by using the egg separation method. Just use a hand whisk to mix the egg yolk ingredients with melted dark chocolate. Then whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer to stiff peak form and fold into the chocolate mixture. The baking time is quite short too, about 30 minutes as you want to have a moist and fudgy cake texture. The final step is to spread chocolate ganache with some chopped nuts over the cake. You can slice and serve the cake immediately or keep it in the refrigerator and chill for 5 days.
Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 180 g dark chocolate (semi-sweet chocolate) - I used 130g dark chocolate and 50g - 70% Valrhona chocolate for less sweet
- 100 g butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 75 ml milk
- 3 egg yolks - used large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp brown sugar - or caster sugar
- 75 g cake flour or plain flour
- 3 egg whites
- 40 g caster sugar
- 110 g semi sweet chocolate - chop into pieces
- 85 g diary whipping cream
- 15 g soft butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chop dark chocolate to pieces and melt together with butter under double boiler at low heat. Stir chocolate mixture to smooth.
- Remove the bowl from heat, sieve in cocoa powder and add milk and stir well again.Add egg yolks, vanilla and light brown sugar, stir well. Sieve in cake flour and stir well gently until combined and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until foamy with an electric mixer. Add sugar in 3 portions beat until egg whites stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites in two portions to the chocolate batter with a hand whisk or a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Pour chocolate batter into a small loaf tin (lined with parchment paper all sides up ) and baked in preheated oven at 150 degrees C for about 30-35 minutes.
- Cool cake in tin completely before spreading with ganache cream.
- Ganache Cream - Place chopped chocolate pieces and butter into a bowl, set aside.
- Bring whipping cream to a boil at medium heat, then pour over the chocolate pieces. Stir chocolate till smooth and add vanilla extract, stir well,
- Chill the ganache cream in fridge for about 30 seconds to one minute to thicken a little.
- Stir well ganache cream again and spread 3-4 layers on top of cake with a spatula. Then sprinkle some chopped pistachio nuts over it as decoration (may add any other type of chopped nuts).
- Cake can be served immediately or chilled in the refrigerator for 5 days.
- The remaining ganache cream can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Please keep in mind that all oven temperatures and baking time varies
- 蛋糕非常的浓郁, 口感湿润绵密美味。 这巧克力蛋糕是以分蛋法做成的， 烘烤的时间只须30-35分钟左右。 蛋糕冷却后抹上伽纳彻酱就可以切片享用了，也可以收进冰箱冷藏5天。
- 180克 dark chocolate 黑巧克力 （我用了130克黑巧克和50克 – 70% – Valrhona巧克力，这样蛋糕体才不会太甜）
- 100克 牛油
- 3 汤匙 可可粉
- 3 个 蛋黄 （用大鸡蛋）
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 30克 黄糖或细砂糖
- 75克 底筋面粉、中筋面粉
- 3个 蛋白
- 40克 细砂糖
- 110克 半甜巧克力, 切碎
- 85克 动物性奶油
- 15克 软牛油
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 将蛋白霜分2次拌入到巧克力面糊里轻轻的翻拌均匀 （用打蛋器或刮刀翻拌均匀）。
- 伽纳彻酱 – 巧克力碎和牛油放入碗中，备用。
- 再次搅匀伽纳彻酱。涂上2-3层伽纳彻酱在蛋糕上，撒上适量的剁碎开心果点缀 （可放上自己喜欢的坚果）。
hi can i steam instead of bake? tq
Sorry that I’ve not tried steaming fudge cake yet. Not sure about the steaming time.
I have tried the chocolate receipe, cake turn out quite heavy not light like chiffon
Hi Sandy, Fudge cake is not a light cake because of the amount of chocolate being used in the recipe.. It should be fudgy and moist for the shorter baking time. When you said heavy and dense, it might probably due to over whisking the egg white or over baked the cake.
Hi. How do I adjust the ingredients for loaf pan (25 x 13cm)? Kindly advise. Thanks
Hi Valerie, you need to adjust the ingredients using 4 eggs. That is divide the ingredients to 3 then x 4.
Hi Ann. Thank you for your advice. I will try it soon.
How long do i need to bake for my loaf pan?
About 35-40 mins. You don’t need to bake the cake to very dry as you want a fudgy cake.
I will take note. Thank you for sharing with me.
Very rich, chocolatey and absolutely irresistible, Ann. A perfect cake for any chocolate fan.
p.s Did you change your feed or something? I haven’t got any of your updates last days.
May I know if it is possible to bake in a 6-inch round tin instead of a loaf tin?
Thanks – Sherry
Hi Sherry, the cake is very small. For 6 inch cake tin might be flatter.