Apple Toast Pies 苹果土司派
If you’ve some leftover apples at home, this is the perfect way to make these Apple Toast Pies either for morning breakfast or anytime of the day. You will even wish that you can make more to keep the Apple Toast Pies in the refrigerator and re-toast them for snack as and when you like.
In fact, I’ve only 2 apples left and managed to make 6 toast pies. I actually baked them in my small toaster oven. They were delicious with the right sweetness from the soft apple cubes and a hint of cinnamon fragrance. The toasted bread is crusty and they’re best served warm (better not to eat the toast pie straight from the oven as the filling is piping hot and may burn your lips).
Apple Toast Pies
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 green apples
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 50 g sugar - or to taste
- 15 g butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder - optional
- 2 tsp corn starch - + 2tsp water, mix well
- Peel and core apples, then diced and toss with lemon juice. Add butter in pan at low heat. Pour in diced apple, sugar and stir till sugar dissolved. Cook for another 3-5 minutes till apples are tender, then add cornstarch solution and stir well till thickened. Set aside and leave to cool.
- Trim off crust bread. Then slightly flatten the bread with a rolling pin.
- Place more than one tablespoon of apple filling on white bread. Egg wash the border and fold the edges together. Then use a fork to press down the edges to seal the border. Place the apple toast pies on a lined baking tray and egg wash the tops. (I egg washes the tops after 10 minutes of baking because I've completely forgotten this step before placing them in the oven)
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Best to serve warm.
- 6 片 土司 （白面包）
- 2颗 苹果
- 1汤匙 柠檬汁
- 50克 砂糖或适量
- 15克 牛油
- 1/2 茶匙 肉桂粉 可不放
- 2 茶匙 玉米淀粉 + 2茶匙 清水，混匀