These Chocolate Mooncakes are easy to make like the traditional mooncake recipe but with addition of melted dark chocolate in the dough skin besides Valrhona cocoa powder. These mild fragrance chocolate mooncakes are not very sweet as I used mung bean paste as filling. You may add any mooncake filling of your choice and add some chocolate chips into it. This recipe is adapted from XHS (小红书) and I also learned the trick of making the mooncakes softened the next day to “return oil” by brushing some corn oil on the mooncakes once they are out of the oven.
I’m taking this opportunity here to wish everyone of you who celebrate,
a very enjoyable Mid-Autumn Festival.
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
- 15 g melted dark chocolate - melt chocolate in a double boiler
- 85 g sugar syrup or golden syrup
- 30 g corn oil
- 3/4 tsp alkaline water
- 110 g cake flour or plain flour - sifted
- 10 g Valrhona cocoa powder - sifted
- 250 g mung bean paste or lotus paste
- Mix sugar syrup, corn oil and alkaline water thoroughly well, about a minute.
- Pour in melted chocolate and stir well again.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and fold well with a rubber spatula. Dust some flour if dough is too sticky and knead well to smooth,
- Wrap chocolate dough with cling wrap or place inside a plastic bag and set aside to rest for one hour.
- Divide chocolate dough and mung bean paste into 10 portions each at 25grams and roll them into round balls. Then wrap the mung bean paste into chocolate dough and roll again into smooth round ball.
- Dust dough ball with some flour and gently press it into 50gram plunger mould and stamp out.
- Bake the mooncakes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 7 minutes in the oven middle rack. Remove the tray of mooncakes from oven, let cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150 degrees and bake the mooncakes again for another 10 minutes.
- Brush the chocolate mooncakes with some corn oil once they are out of the oven. This step will make the mooncakes "return oil" quickly that can be consumed the next day.
- Let cool and store the mooncakes in an airtight container for a week.
- 15克 黑巧克力，隔热融化
- 85克 糖浆或黄金糖浆
- 30克 玉米油
- 3/4茶匙 碱水
- 110克 底筋面粉或中筋面粉，过筛
- 10克 Valrhona可可粉，过筛
- 250克 綠豆蓉
- 将巧克力面团分成10等份，綠豆莲蓉也是一样10等份 ，搓圆（一粒25克）。把馅料包入巧克力面团内。