A) 150ml Hot water
1 tbsp Coffee powder (instant)
3/4 tbsp Cocoa powder
80ml Corn oil
mix well leave to cool then add corn oil, stir well
B) 4 Egg yolks
1 tsp Coffee oil or mocca paste
170g Hongkong flour – sift
1 1/4 tsp DA Baking powder – sift
1/4 tsp Salt
C) 6 Egg whites
1/2tsp Cream of tartar
- In a large bowl add (B) – egg yolks, sugar, coffee oil mix with a hand whisk till sugar dissolved.
- Add in (A) – coffee liquid, mix well and lastly add in the sifted flour and salt- blend well.
- Whisk (C) to a peak form and use hand to fold into the eggs mixture.
- Pour into chiffon 3 mini mould and bake at 160C for about 1 hour.
- For the last 5 mins, switch the oven to lower grill.
- Turn the mould upside down and leave to cool.
note: large mould 9″ – bake for about 1 hour 20 mins.