Coffee Kahlua Chiffon Cake 咖啡戚风蛋糕
Just last week, I had a conversation with my friend over the phone talking about cake baking. She asked me whether I have a coffee chiffon cake to share as she is a coffee enthusiast and craving for one. I just realized that I had baked a coffee chiffon cake before (more than 10 years ago) but that was with Hong Kong flour, baking powder and cream of tartar. So this time, I baked this Coffee Kahlua Chiffon Cake and sharing the recipe with you and my friend here with the simple ingredients that are readily available in your pantry. It is again a very simple fluffy, soft and light chiffon cake rich with coffee aroma and flavour not forgetting the kahlua liqueur and this is so perfect to serve with a cup of piping hot coffee. It is alright if you want to omit the liqueur or if you don’t have it on hand you can add coffee paste to enhance the coffee flavour in the cake.
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Coffee Kahlua Chiffon Cake
- 4 egg yolks - used 60g egg with shell
- 60 g caster sugar
- 50 ml hot milk
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1/2 tbsp Kahlua liqueuer
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 40 ml corn oil
- 60 g cake flour/plain flour
- 20 g corn flour (starch)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 egg whites
- 50 g caster sugar
- Preheat oven temperature to 160 deg C. Sift cake flour, corn flour and cocoa powder into a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Heat up milk to a boil, add instant coffee and stir well and leave to cool. Then mix with kahlua liqueuer and vanilla extract.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in another bowl, mix well with a hand whisk. Add coffee mixture, mix well followed by corn oil and blend well. Sieve in flour mixture again and stir well till combined.
- Make meringue - Beat egg whites until foamy with an electric mixer. Add sugar in 3 separate rounds beat until egg whites are glossy, with stiff peaks.
- Fold ⅓ of egg whites into the coffee batter with a rubber spatula. Then pour in the remaining egg whites, gently fold the mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter in a 17cm chiffon pan and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes. Invert the cake pan immediately on a wire rack to cool completely before removing the cake from pan.
咖啡戚风蛋糕 Coffee Kahlua Chiffon Cake
- 4个 蛋黄 （用60克鸡蛋）
- 60克 细砂糖
- 50毫升 热牛奶
- 1/2汤匙 咖啡酒
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 40毫升 玉米油
- 60克 底筋面粉或中筋面粉
- 20克 玉米淀粉
- 1汤匙 可可粉
- 4个 蛋白
- 50克 细砂糖
Must try this! Thanks for sharing, Ann!
This is so pretty with a perfectly soft tender crumb, Ann.