Steamed Tofu Shrimp Balls 蒸豆腐球
This Steamed Tofu with Shrimp Balls dish is quick to cook as it only needs about 8 to 10 minutes steaming time. Nowadays it is so convenient to buy the frozen shrimp paste (the prawn paste is not fully minced but with some prawn cubes inside) in most supermarkets (Fairprice and Sheng Siong) and you don’t have to spend time cleaning, chopping or blending the prawns into paste. Just use the shrimp paste from the bag after thawing and mix in the marinade for a few minutes and you’re almost done. Then prepare the tofu for another minute and roll the shrimp paste into balls and place them on the tofu and and they are ready to be steamed. Lastly, bring the sauce to a boil and drizzle onto the tofu. There you are, the beautiful and delicious Steamed Tofu with Shrimp Balls are ready to be served on the table.
Steamed Tofu Shrimp Balls
- 2 tubes tofu
- 200 g shrimp paste
- some grated carrot - garnishing
- 1 tsp hua tiao chiew - Chinese cooking wine
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp corn flour (starch)
- dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp finely cut spring onion
- 80 ml water
- 1 tsp corn flour (starch)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster
- 1/4 tsp fish sauce or chicken powder
- Mix the shrimp paste and the marinade together with a pair of chopsticks. Stirring in one direction until the mixture is sticky and set aside.
- Cut tofu into 6 equal pieces (one tube of tofu, cut into 6 pieces). Carefully place them on to steaming plate. Absorb excess water with kitchen paper. Using a teaspoon and dig a small shallow hole in the center of the tofu and sprinkle some corn flour on it.
- Wet your hand with some water, scoop some marinated prawn paste onto your hand and roll it into small ball. Then place it on top of the tofu. Sprinkle some grated carrot on top.
- Steam on high heat under boiling water for about 8-10 minutes or until prawn paste is cooked through. Carefully discard excess water from the plate.
- Boil the sauce ingredients in a small pot, then drizzle over tofu and serve immediately.
- 2条 豆腐
- 200克 虾胶
- 少许 胡萝卜泥，点缀
- 1茶匙 米酒
- 1/8茶匙 盐
- 1/4茶匙 细糖
- 1/4茶匙 oil 麻油
- 1/2汤匙 玉米淀粉
- 1汤匙 葱花
- 80毫升 水
- 1茶匙 玉米淀粉
- 1/2茶匙 细糖
- 1/2茶匙 酱请
- 1茶匙 耗油
- 1/4茶匙 鱼露或鸡精粉
- 手板上沾一点水，（这样虾丸才会不粘手）把虾胶搓成小圆球 （一共12粒），然后放在豆腐上。撒上少许胡萝卜泥点缀。
This looks so pretty and elegant.I am not a fan of tofu but this looks so silky and smooth that I actually want to try some 🙂
Thank you Nammi. This is a very easy and healthy dish. Have it a try.
Wow, looks so yummy and delicious!
Thank you Cheah!
So tender, yummy and healthy as well!