Easy Sponge Cake 简易鸡蛋糕
This Easy Sponge Cake is made with only a few ingredients. It is a straightforward recipe without adding milk or water, not even baking powder. It’s a nice change to have this simple and yet delicious cake after having all the decadent Chinese New Year’s goodies. The spongy plain cake is light and soft with tender crumbs. You may also like to add some dried berries or raisins on top of the batter before sending it to bake in the oven. Kids will definitely love this cake for the extra sweetness of the dried berries or even for morning breakfast.
Easy Sponge Cake
This easy sponge cake is made with only a few ingredients and it is a straight forward recipe without adding milk or water, not even baking powder.
- 4 eggs - 65g shell with shell
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g cake flour/plain flour
- 2 tbsp ground almond - almond powder
- 60 ml corn oil
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla extract at high speed to thick, about 3 minutes.
- Sieve cake flour into egg mixture in two batches and gently fold well with a rubber spatula, followed by ground almond and fold well again.
- Scoop about 4 tablespoons of batter into oil and mix well. Then pour the oil mixture into the remaining batter and gently fold well mixture.
- Pour batter into paper cups to 80 percent full and bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees C for about 15-20 minutes or skewer inserted into cake comes out clean.
Cakes can be kept in room temperature in an airtight container for 2 days.
Please keep in mind that all oven temperatures and baking time varies.
Calories: 44kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 1mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gCalcium: 2mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe? I would love to see it!Mention @ann_journal or tag #ann_journal!
Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts by following >> Anncoo Journal!
简易鸡蛋糕 Easy Sponge Cake
- 4个 全蛋 （65克一个）
- 80克 细砂糖
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 100克 底筋面粉或中筋面粉
- 2汤匙 杏仁粉
- 60毫升 玉米油
looks so nice and light. hope your new year went well
Thank you Nammi! Hope everything is well on your side.
They look super soft and tender….absolutely perfect.