1/2 kg/500g Yellow flat noodle
300g Chinese (Napa) cabbage 大白菜- shredded
200g Cai xin 菜心- cut to about 2 inches length
1 tbsp Garlic – chopped
1 packet Frozen oyster (250g) – thawed
200g Lean pork – cut to long strips
600-800ml Chicken broth (Swanson Brand)
2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
Dash of pepper
- Rinse and shred Chinese cabbage to about 0.5 cm wide, cut cai xin to about 4-5 cm length, set aside.
- Rinse oysters quickly under running water with a colander and drain.
- Cut lean pork to long strips and season with little salt, pepper, sesame oil and cooking wine.
- Heat up wok with little oil, add garlic and stir fry together with Chinese cabbage for a while, pour in chicken broth to boil (add a little more broth if you prefer more sauce), cover lid and lower heat to simmer for 20 minutes or until Chinese cabbage is soft and tender.
- Heat up another pot of boiling water and blanch yellow flat noodle for 30 seconds, drain and immediately transfer noodle to the Chinese cabbage stock. Stir fry the noddle and Chinese cabbage together and boil for a few minutes, add dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, lean meat and cai xin, stir well, cover again and allow to simmer at medium heat for another 5-8 minutes. Check the salt level, if it is too salty add a little more water to it.
- Then lastly throw in the oysters, add pepper and stir fry well with the noodle for 2-3 minutes at high heat and serve immediately.
Kitchen notes: If you don’t like to use oyster, it is equally delicious to add seafood – prawns, squids or clam
Total cost of ingredients is about $11.20
Yellow flat noodle $0.80
Chinese (Napa) cabbage $1.30
Cai Xin $0.80
Frozen oyster $4.30
Lean pork $1.80
Chicken broth $2.20 (1 Litre $2.80 at offer price)