These gluten free brownies are the most fudgy and yummy delicious dessert that I had ever tried so far! It is very moist, gooey and chocolatey too. It’s incredibly easy to make with ground almond instead of flour. The recipe is dairy free too with oil based and not butter. It takes about 30 minutes of baking, then placed in the refrigerator to chill after cooling for easy cutting. The recipe was adapted from the Chinese newspaper cutting, shared by a Spanish Chef recently. I followed the recipe to ‘T’ but reduced the sugar for less sweetness. You’ll definitely can’t help grabbing for more after the first slice!
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Gluten Free Brownies
- 250 g dark chocolate - used Callebaut 55%
- 100 g vegetable oil - used corn oil
- 5 eggs - 65g each with shell
- 200 g light brown sugar - already reduced from 300g
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g ground almond
- 60 g cocoa powder (sifted) - (Valrhona or Hershey's)
- 1/2 tsp salt - sea salt
- Preheat oven to 150 deg C. Line a 8 inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate under double boiler (keep at low heat and do not boil) to smooth. Pour in oil and stir well till combined. Leave mixture to cool.
- Place eggs, sugar and vanilla extract into the mixing bowl and beat at speed 2 for 8 minutes. Pour in chocolate mixture and stir well again.
- Add salt, ground almond (stir well with a hand whisk before pouring) and cocoa powder into step 2 and stir well at low speed.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or test it with a skewer inserted and comes out with few moist crumbs.
- Place pan on cooling rack, then chill the brownies in pan in the refrigerator for at least an hour for easy cutting and dust with some icing sugar if desired.
- Please keep in mind that all oven temperatures and baking time varies
- Brownies can be kept in the refrigerator for 5 days