This Poached Chicken with Scallion Ginger Sauce is not only fragrant, the chicken meat is also very silky smooth and tender. So perfect to serve with white rice! It is a homey and comfortable dish that is easy to prepare which requires simple ingredients readily available in most Chinese kitchen pantries and can be done within 45 minutes. After preparing the boneless chicken meat, drizzle some scallion ginger sauce over it and garnish with cut spring onion and white sesame seeds. Enjoy!
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Poached Chicken with Scallion Ginger Sauce
- 4 chicken drumsticks - about 400g
- 4 slices ginger
- 2 stalks spring onion - cut section or tie into a knot
Scallion ginger oil
- 100 g vegetable oil
- 4 slices ginger
- 1 Bombay red onion - about 80g, chopped
Scallion ginger sauce
- 40 g scallion ginger oil
- 3/4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3/4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp chicken stock - strained
- Rub a small handful of kosher salt (or coarse salt) on chicken drumsticks, massage well all over and rinse thoroughly.
- Place chicken drumsticks in pot with ginger slices and spring onion. Add water to just above the drumsticks. Turn on heat to boil, then lower to medium heat cover with lid for about 20-25 minutes to just cooked and tender. **turn the drumsticks over after 10 minutes of poaching for even cooking**
- To check whether the chicken is cooked, poke a chopstick into the meat. If the juices run clear, it’s done.
- Remove drumsticks from pot and place into cold water for 5 minutes to prevent its from overcooking, then drain well.
- Pour about 100g oil into pot together with ginger slices, spring onion and red onion. Heat up the oil at medium heat and gently stir the oil mixture till aromatic for about 3 minutes and strain, set aside.
- In a small bowl, add oyster sauce, light soy sauce, sugar and 1 tablespoon of chicken stock together, stir well till sugar dissolved. Pour in 40g scallion ginger oil and stir mixture thoroughly till combined. Remaining oil can be kept for frying vegetables.
- Tear chicken meat from bones and place on serving plate. Pour enough sauce over it and garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Can drizzle the remaining scallion ginger sauce over white rice - very fragrant and appetizing -
葱姜油鸡 Poached Chicken with Scallion Ginger Sauce
- 4个 小鸡腿 约400克
- 4片 姜
- 2根 青葱，切端或打个结
- 100克 菜油
- 4片 姜
- 2根 青葱，切越2寸长
- 1颗 红葱，约80克，剁碎 **我是用大颗的**
- 40克 葱头油
- 3/4汤匙 耗油
- 3/4汤匙 酱请
- 1.5茶匙 细糖
- 1汤匙 鸡汤，过滤