Monncake Festival or Mid-Autumn Festival is just exactly one week away. I had some fun making these little piggies with some leftover snowskin premix flour. I was so happy to receive many “WOW” compliments from my friends when they saw these little cute and round piggies. These cute little piggies are relatively easy to make at home without much effort and can be easily packed off in pretty boxes for your loved ones especially on this festival.
- Handmade Snowskin Piggy
- Ingredients : you can use your own snowskin recipe to make these cute piggies.
- 58g snowskin flour (KCT pinpe premix powder)
- 13g kao fen (糕粉 – cooked glutinous rice flour)
- 12g icing sugar (sifted)
- 12g crisco/shortening
- 75g water
- 180g lotus paste, divide into 12 small balls, about 15g
- Combine kao fen and snowskin flour in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a pot, add water with icing sugar and crisco together. Bring to boil until crisco melted, stir with a hand whisk.
- Pour the hot liquid mixture into the flour and use a rubber spatula to stir mixture to a soft dough and leave to cool. Then knead dough to smooth . Add more kao fen if the dough is still too sticky.
- Divide dough into 3 portions and add little colouring (pink, green, yellow) to each dough, knead smooth again.
- Weigh dough to about 14-15g and wrap in the lotus paste filling and roll into ball shape again
- For further steps of making snowskin piggy, please refer to the pictorial below. (black sesame seeds for the eyes**)
- Best to chill snowskin piggy mooncakes before consuming.
- 58克 冰皮月饼粉 （预拌粉）（出售于KCT）
- 13克 糕粉
- 12克 糖粉，过筛
- 12克 白油
- 75克 水
- 180克 莲蓉馅，搓成12粒小圆球，约15克一粒
- 面团分成3份，加入少许色素 （粉红，青，黄），搓匀。
Oink! Oink! Piggies go outing! 小猪猪同去郊游 😀