Koi fishes appear to be extremely lively and their cheerful posture along with their slanting tail brings in bundles of money and good luck.
- Using scissors to cut black currants into half and roll into tiny nibs with your finger tips as fish eyes. Tie pandan leaves into a small knot.
- Boil water, sugar, agar agar powder and pandan leaves together, keep stirring water until boil at medium heat. Off heat and stir agar agar liquid for another 2-3 minutes. Discard pandan leaves.
- Put agar agar liquid under double boiler or at low heat to prevent agar agar liquid set quickly. ~ stir occasionally.
- Using a tweezers and dip black currant into agar agar liquid then place black currant on the fish mold eyes. It will sticks quickly.
- Take 2 tsp of agar agar liquid into a sauce plate and add a drop of coloring into it (any color you prefer) and mix well. (I used 3 colors ~ red, orange and green)
- Using the back of the teaspoon，smear the colored liquid quickly on fish mold body ~ mix any color you like. (if the colored liquid has set, add a little hot agar agar liquid to dilute it),
- After the colored liquid set on the fish mold, gently pour in plain agar agar liquid (cool down a little if liquid is too hot).
- Chill agar agar Koi fish in fridge for at least 2-3 hours or overnight before removing from the fish mold.