This light chiffon cake has a unique taste of lavender and the sweet lavender fragrance lingered in my kitchen while baking. I just can’t stop enjoying myself with this sweet aroma. This is again a very simple chiffon cake recipe with dried lavender (flowers) that were boiled with milk. The cake turned out bouncy, and delicious, in fact I had baked it twice in week. It was baked in a 7 inch cake round removable pan and the baking time was about 55-60 minutes with medium size eggs. You may bake it in a 7 inch chiffon pan that with hollow tube and smaller size eggs can be used. The cake still stayed soft even after kept in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. You’ll definitely enjoy this delightful Lavender Chiffon Cake for an afternoon tea with your family at home.
Soft and delicious Lavender Chiffon Cake to enjoy for an afternoon tea with your family at home.
Lavender Chiffon Cake
- 4 egg yolks - used 65g egg with shell
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 65 g caster sugar
- 50 ml lavender milk
- 50 ml corn oil
- 60 g cake flour/plain flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour (starch)
- 1 tbsp dried lavender + 80ml fresh milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 45 g sugar
- Add 1 tablespoon of dried lavender with 80ml milk into a small pot and bring to a boil at low heat, then off heat. Cover with a lid and leave to cool, then strain to get 50ml lavender milk.
- Preheat oven temperature to 150 deg C. Sieve cake flour and corn flour into a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, vanilla extract and sugar in another bowl, mix well with a hand whisk. Add lavender milk and corn oil and blend well. Sift in flours the second time into the egg mixture and stir well and set aside.
- Make meringue - Beat egg whites and salt until foamy. Add sugar in 3 separate rounds beat until egg whites are glossy, with stiff peaks. Fold egg whites into egg yolk batter in 3 batches until combined.
- Fold ⅓ of egg whites into the batter with a rubber spatula. Then pour in the remaining egg whites, gently fold the mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter in a 7 inch removable base cake pan (no need to grease or line pan) and bake in lower second rack of preheated oven for about 55 - 60 minutes.. Invert the cake pan immediately and cool completely before removing the cake from pan.
- 4个 蛋黄 （用65克鸡蛋）
- 1/4茶匙 香草香精
- 65克 细砂糖
- 50毫升 薰衣草牛奶
- 50毫升 玉米油
- 50克 底筋面粉或中筋面粉
- 2汤匙 玉米粉淀粉
- 1茶匙 薰衣草干+80毫升牛奶
- 4个 蛋白
- 1/8茶匙 盐
- 45克 细砂糖
- 蛋白霜 – 用搅拌机把蛋白和盐打致起泡泡，细砂糖分3次加入，打致硬性发泡。
- 将面糊倒入摸具中（7寸活底蛋糕烤盘 – 无需抹油或铺纸）。放进预热烤箱里下面的第二层，烘烤约55-60分钟。蛋糕出炉后，即倒扣致冷却才脱模切片享用。