The texture of this Maple Pumpkin Pound Cake is tender and moist, after waiting 3 days for the cake to soften. The cake is not really sweet even though the pumpkin was cooked with maple syrup and with sugar syrup glazing. I’ve to admit that the sugar level is on the high side, high calorie too but it’s just too irresistible not to have a slice of two, daily with an excuse to finish up the cake. This Maple Pumpkin Pound Cake is soft and aromatic with a topping of matcha flavour and fragrance of maple syrup. Just love the wonderful bite with a cup of hot tea.
Maple Pumpkin Pound Cake
- 200 g salted butter
- 240 g self-raising flour - sifted, or cake flour + 3 tsp baking powder
- 140 g icing sugar - sifted
- 4 large eggs (room temperature) - lightly beaten
- 2 tsp matcha powder - sifted
Pumpkin maple syrup
- 200 g pumpkin - cut to cubes
- 3 tbsp maple syrup - or honey
Sugar syrup for glazing
- 30 g hot water
- 15 g caster sugar - stir well with water till sugar dissolved, set aside
- Steam pumpkin cubes for 8 minutes and leave to cool. Then gently boil at low heat with maple syrup (or honey) till thick and leave aside to cool.
- In a cake mixer, beat butter for one minute at low speed, then add icing sugar in 3 batches till pale white and fluffy (about 3 minutes at medium speed).
- Gradually add in beaten eggs till smooth and creamy.
- Fold in sifted self-raising flour in 3 batches with a rubber spatula.Then take out 1/3 of the plain batter (about 200g) and mix in the matcha powder, blend well.
- Add the maple syrup pumpkin cubes to the remaining plain batter and gently fold well.
- Pour plain batter mixture into loaf pan (9x5x3 inches) lined with parchment paper. Then spread matcha batter on both sides, gently smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 170 deg C (place a glass of hot water in the oven below the cake pan).
- Bake the cake for 12 minutes. Dip a sharp knife in water and slit the cake in the center, then continue to bake for about 30-40 minutes or skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, glaze the cake with sugar syrup. Wrap up the cake with cling wrap while it is still warm and keep in an airtight container in room temperature for 3-4 days for the cake to be softened.
- 200克 含盐牛油，稍软
- 240克 自发面粉，过筛 （或底筋面粉+3茶匙泡打粉）
- 140克 糖粉，过筛
- 4粒 大鸡蛋 （室温）打撒
- 2茶匙 末茶粉，过筛
- 200克 南瓜（去皮切丁）
- 3汤匙 枫糖浆或蜂蜜也可以
- 30克 热水
- 15克 细砂糖 搅匀至糖融化，备用
- 把原味面糊倒入已经铺好纸的长方形烤盘里（9 x5 x 3寸）。两边铺上末茶蛋糕糊，轻轻的抹平。
- 送入预热好170度的烤箱。 （烤箱底部放一杯热水）
- 烘15分钟后， 把刀沾水在蛋糕中间划一刀。继续烘烤30-40分钟或牙签插入蛋糕内部，拔出没有粘糊，就表示熟了。