Oh again banana! Yes you heard me, is banana again and this time I used the overly ripe bananas to make a baked cheesecake. In fact I had shared this recipe on my blog before but that was 8 years ago. Just remember that I have not eaten a Baked Banana Cheesecake for a long time. So this time I am sharing the recipe (also in Chinese version) with simple step by step pictures. The mixing of the ingredients together is fast and easy. The cake is quite flat as only 2 eggs were used but if you prefer a taller cake, you may bake it in a 7 inch cake pan. It is a light cheesecake with banana fragrance that everyone loves, so perfect for a cup of hot coffee.
Baked Banana Cheesecake
- 100 g marie biscuit
- 80 g melted butter
- 200 g overly ripe bananas - mash with 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 250 g cream cheese - room temperature
- 70 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour (starch)
- 4 tbsp dairy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs - lightly beaten
- Biscuit base - Grease the sides of an 8 inch removable cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Blend biscuits coarsely and mix well with melted butter (add little more butter if you find the crumbly biscuits are too dry). Pressing the biscuit crumbs with your hand at the bottom of the lined cake pan. Put the tin in the fridge for later use.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth at low speed. Beat in the whipping cream, cornstarch and vanilla extract.
- Add beaten eggs in 3 batches; beat on low speed until just combined. Fold in banana mixture and mix well.
- Pour cheese mixture into crust and steam bake at 160 deg C for about 40 minutes or center is almost set.
- Run knife around rim of pan so that the cake will not get a waist line. Leave cake to cool completely before removing from the cake pan.
- Chill the cake before consuming （about 2-3 hours) and dust with cocoa powder.
- 烤香蕉芝士蛋糕 Baked Banana Cheesecake
- 100克 饼干，擀碎或磨碎
- 80克 溶化牛油
- 200克 熟透香蕉+1/2汤匙柠檬汁压成泥
- 250克奶油芝士， 温室
- 65克 细砂糖
- 1汤匙 玉米淀粉
- 4汤匙 动物性鲜奶油或酸奶
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 2个 大鸡蛋，打撒
- 饼底 – 把饼底料混合均匀 （觉得饼干碎太干的话，可多加一点牛油），放入盘模内压实。放进冰箱，备用