I love chiffon cake for its feather-light and soft texture. I never get tired of baking chiffon cake, even though I have shared many chiffon cake recipes in my blog. You can create many different flavours in chiffon cake recipes and they always come out perfectly after they are baked. Since I’d bought a lot of oranges (as always), I baked this orange chiffon cake with 6 eggs into 2 disposable chiffon paper moulds as they are presentable and convenient to give away. I’m sure it will definitely brighten anyone’s day who receives this beautiful orange fragrance chiffon cake.
This paper mould is available at Kitchen Capers
Orange Chiffon Cake
- 6 egg yolks
- 30 g caster sugar
- 150 ml fresh orange juice
- orange zest from 2 oranges
- 75 g corn oil
- 135 g plain flour
- 15 g corn flour
- 6 egg whites
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 165C. Sift plain flour and corn flour in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar with a hand whisk until slight pale. Add oil, orange juice and zest. Stir as you add.
- Sift the flour the second time into the yolk mixture. Stir as you add till smooth and egg mixtures into thick paste.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy. Add sugar in 3 separate rounds and whisk until stiff peak and glossy-looked.
- Fold ⅓ of egg whites into the yolk mixture. Then pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently until just combined with a rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into two - 5 inches paper chiffon mould or one - 23cm chiffon tube pan.
- Bake at 2nd lower rack in the oven for about 35 minutes or 50 - 60 mins for 23cm tube pan..
- Invert moulds immediately and let to cool down completely on a wire rack.
香橙戚风蛋糕 Orange Chiffon Cake
- 6个 蛋黄（鸡蛋约70克一个）
- 30克 细砂糖
- 75克 玉米油
- 2粒 香橙皮屑
- 135克 面粉，过筛
- 15克 玉米粉，过筛
- 6个 蛋白
- 100克 细砂糖
- 1/2茶匙 塔塔粉
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!