This is another yummy Chinese snack with only 3 ingredients: pumpkin, glutinous rice flour, and red bean paste. It is also very easy to make this snack at home. The amount of sweetness is just right without adding any sugar to the pumpkin dough, as the red bean paste filling combines well. The pancakes are soft and a little chewy after being pan fried. It’s great to serve these pumpkin pancakes with Chinese hot tea. Definitely going to make this again soon for the school holidays.
- 150g pumpkin without skin
- 100g glutinous rice flour
- 100g red bean paste, divide into 10 round balls. (store bought)
- Cut pumpkin to pieces and steam for about 15 minutes to soft and leave to cool. Drain away excess water and mash pumpkin with a fork.
- Add half of the glutinous rice flour to the mashed pumpkin and blend well. Continue to add a little more glutinous rice flour into it and knead until pumpkin mixture becomes a soft dough and not sticky to your hand (I used about 90g glutinous rice flour). Then divide dough into 10 portions,
- Wrap the pumpkin dough with red bean paste inside and roll into a round ball. Then gently flatten it with your palm or rolling pin between plastic sheet to a round disc.
- Then pan fry the pancakes with 2 tablespoons of oil under medium heat till golden brown on both sides for about 2-3 minutes.
recipe adapted from here
- 150克 金瓜 （去皮去籽后称出150克）
- 100克 糯米粉
- 100克 红豆沙，搓成10粒小圆球 （买现成的）