These not so sweet, gluten-free sweet potato cheese cupcakes are soft. delicious, and healthy. It is so easy to make these cupcakes as no electric mixer is needed. The soft, custard-like texture just melts in your mouth after they are baked. The combination is perfect, with the nice aroma of the sweet potato and golden syrup. They are great to serve for any occasion, as these cupcakes can be baked one or two days ahead and be stored in the refrigerator before they are served.
- 300 - 320g sweet potato
- 125g cream cheese, room temperature
- 25g soft salted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 60ml milk
- 40ml non dairy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp golden syrup or honey
- Steam sweet potato to soft for about 20 minutes. Remove skin and mash sweet potato with a fork. Then blend with cream cheese and butter to smooth.
- Combine egg yolk, milk, whipping cream, and golden syrup in another bowl, stir well.
- Pour egg yolk mixture into step one and blend to a smooth dough. Then scope dough into piping bag and pipe into 6 or 7 mini cupcake liners evenly. Sprinkle some black sesame seeds on top and bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C for about 30-35 minutes.
- Cake can be served warm or chilled.(I prefer to serve after chilled)
recipe adapted from here
- 300 – 320克 甜番薯
- 125克 奶油乳酪，温室软化
- 25克 有盐牛油 （软牛油）
- 1粒 蛋黄
- 60毫升 牛奶
- 40毫升 谈奶油 （动物性奶油）
- 1汤匙 黄金糖浆或蜂蜜