Pound cake is usually dense as it is a traditional recipe that made from equal portions of 4 ingredients: butter, sugar, eggs, and flour. It can be baked in either a loaf or bundt pan. For this refreshing pound cake I made was lighter then the traditional one, as baking powder and sour cream were added. I even added lemon zest and spread some yuzu marmalade in the middle of batter to get a little bit of citrusy flavor in the cake after its baked. I find this yuzu pound cake tastes even better the next day than on the day it was baked!
- 220g plain flour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 250g salted butter, room temperature
- 160g caster sugar
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tbsp yuzu marmalade
- Preheat oven to 165 deg C. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray. Sift plain flour and baking together, set aside.
- Beat butter, lemon zest and sugar until pale and fluffy at medium speed for about 7-8 minutes. Reduce speed, add vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Add in half of the flour followed by the sour cream and remaining flour, beating until just incorporated.
- Pour in half of the batter into loaf pan, smoothen the batter and add about 2 tbsp yuzu marmalade on top and spread evenly with a spatula. Lastly pour in the remaining half of the batter and smooth top again with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 70 minutes or a skewer into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave cake to cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes, then turn out cake onto rack to cool completely.
recipe adapted from here
- 220克 普通面粉
- ½汤匙 泡打粉
- 250克 温室牛油
- 160克 细砂糖
- 4个 大全蛋
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 200克 温室酸奶
- 2汤匙 柚子茶果酱或适量
- 预热烤箱至摄氏165度。 准备一个长方形烤盘9x5寸，烤盘内抹油。面粉及泡打粉一起过筛到碗里备用。