Oops! Can’t see the sliced pineapple clearly ~blurred vision~ @_@ on the agar agar…so disappointed 🙁 !!
Next time remember to buy only the brand you are familiar with. Anyway this pudding cake is nice and very fragrant.
150g Optima flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
3 Cold eggs
65g Cold water
65ml Corn oil or melted butter
a little pineapple essence and yellow colouring
- Beat all the ingredients at high speed except corn oil (to be added last) to thick and lower speed, add little pineapple essence and yellow colouring follow by the corn oil, mix well.
- Pour batter into a 10″ square lined tin and bake at 180C for about 25 mins.
Pineapple Pudding Ingredients:
1 can Pineapple Slices in Syrup (drain the pineapple slices and keep the syrup)
9 Red cherries
Agar Agar Ingredients
1 pkt + 1 tbsp Agar Agar powder
1 tbsp Gelatine powder
300ml (1 can) Guava juice
700ml Pineapple juice (1 can juice + juice from pineapple syrup)
4 pcs Pandan leaves
1/2 tsp Pineapple essence
- Cook the agar agar ingredients till sugar melts. Remove pandan leaves and add pineapple essence. Then divide into 2 portions.
- Pour a little agar agar liquid into a 9″ square tin then place 9 pcs of pineapple slices and cherries in tin and pour some agar agar liquid to cover the pineapples. Add a little orange colouring to the remaining liquid and pour on top.
125g Fresh cream – beat till thick and fluffy
- Add a little yellow colouring and essence to the balance liquid. Let it cool down a little then add in fresh whipped cream and mix well. Pour on top of the first portion agar agar. Quickly place sponge cake on it. Let it set in refrigerator for few hours or till next day.
- Cut and serve