140g Plain Flour
70g Cold Butter – cut cubes
3-5tbsp Iced Water
100g Bacon – cut strips
1 Large onion – shredded
2 Eggs – lightly beaten
1 1/3cups Fresh milk
1 tsp Garlic – chopped
Pinch of salt
Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Line a round 8″ baking tray.
- Sift flour into bowl, rub in cold butter until mixture becomes sandy and add in enough water to make ingredients cling together. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth, cover, refrigerate in freezer for about 15 mins.
- Roll pastry in between a plastic sheet, large enough to line deep to cover baking tray and lightly pass rolling pin over edge and remove the excess pastry. Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Cover pastry with aluminium foil, fill with dried beans and bake at preheated oven 180C for 20 mins.
- Fry onion with oil until soft and leave aside.
- Fry bacon strips (do not add oil) until cripsy and drain away excess oil.
- Spread cripsy bacon evenly over pastry, top with onion.
- Combine lightly beaten eggs and milk together with garlic and salt.
- Gradually pour egg mixture over onion.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and a dash of pepper.
- Bake at 180C for 40 mins.