Here is the recipe
- Prepare a 11 x 11 (or 10 x 10) inch baking tray, line with parchment paper or baking sheet, grease some oil on it with a brush.
- In a large bowl, mix egg yolks, vanilla extract, sugar, cooking oil and fresh milk together with a hand whisk, mix well and add in sifted flour, mix well again, set aside.
- Whisk egg white to foamy and add sugar, continue to whisk egg white to smooth peak form at medium speed.
- Take out 2 tbsp egg yolk mixture and 2 tsp egg white mix with little rose pink coloring and pipe dots on baking tray, using a skewer dragged outward from the center to create your own pattern and put in preheated oven at 170C for 1 minute.
- Then fold 1/3 of the egg white to the egg yolk mixture, fold well with a rubber spatula and fold in the remaining egg white.
- Make sure the baking tray is completely cooled down before pouring the plain mixture into it. Level the surface
- Gently knock the tray on table top to remove air bubbles trapped in the batter and bake for 15 mins.
- Turn cooled sponge onto a plastic sheet. Gently peel off baking sheet from the bottom of sponge and invert the sponge with skin facing up. Trim one end on a 45 degree angle and trim the other end on a similar angle. Spread an even layer of strawberry jam over top of sponge.
- Gently roll up the sponge to make a Swiss roll. (place a tea towel underneath to prevent plastic sheet slip) Wrap with plastic sheet or cling wrap and chill it for one hour.