Walnut Honey Chiffon Cupcakes 核桃蜂蜜杯子蛋糕
These Walnut Honey Chiffon Cupcakes are delicious, light and airy, tender crumb, full of honey and nutty fragrance. I’m glad that my new neighbour gave me a thumb’s up and I’m planning to bake this cake again in the next gathering. Just remember that you need to bang the cake tray together with the cakes on the counter top 2 to 3 times once they out of the oven, as this will prevent the cakes from too much shrinking.
Walnut Honey Chiffon Cupcakes
- 50 g walnuts
- 80 g egg yolks - about 5 large eggs, separated
- 40 g corn oil
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 40 g freshly squeezed orange juice
- 60 g cake flour or plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 200 g egg whites
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice or cream of tartar
- 80 g caster sugar
- Grind 20g walnuts to fine and chop remaining walnut to pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, oil and honey together with a hand whisk. Stir well and mix in orange juice.
- Add in walnut powder, mix well again followed by the (sift in) flour and baking powder. Stir well again.
- Meringue - Whisk egg whites and lemon juice to foamy, then gradually sugar into it and whisk to stiff peak form.
- Take out 1/3 of the egg whites and fold into egg yolk batter. Then fold in the remaining egg whites to combine.
- Distribute batter evenly into 12 cupcake liners. Gently tap the cupcake liners on table top to release air bubbles and scatter some chopped walnuts on the top.
- Bake in preheared oven at 165 degrees C for about 30 minutes or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and tap them on tabletop again to release the hot air and prevent shrinkage. Leave cakes to cool before serving.
- 50克 核桃
- 80克 蛋黄，约5粒大鸡蛋
- 40克 玉米油
- 1/2汤匙 蜂蜜
- 40克 鲜榨橙汁
- 60克 底筋面粉或普通面粉
- 1/2茶匙 发粉（泡打粉）
- 200克 蛋白
- 1/2茶匙 柠檬汁或塔塔粉
- 80克 细砂糖
- 蛋白霜 – 将蛋白及柠檬汁先打起泡后，细砂糖慢慢加入，续打至呈硬性发泡。
- 食谱来至于常温蛋糕经典100 （食谱有稍微更改）
This looks so delicious!! trying out super soon.
How much butter to use if I would want to replace corn oil with butter
Hi Nancy, Sorry, I’m not sure about the volume of using butter. Anyway I think butter is heavier than oil, so if you really want to replace it with butter, then probably the texture will be different.
Hi Ann, me and my family don’t like the cake with orange taste, any alternative ingredient to replace orange juice? thank you!
Hi Lynn, you can use milk instead.
So airy and tender! I love that add of walnuts too.