This Matcha Pound Cake has a light soft texture with a hint of matcha flavour and some red bean paste filling in between. The sweetness of the cake is just right to my liking. Since I have a few packets of matcha powder bought from Japan and as I have bought the red bean paste from Daiso the other day, so I decided to bake this cake. To my surprise, the red bean isn’t too sweet and it’s a perfect match with this matcha pound cake. The cake matures and tastes better the next day. The recipe was adapted from the cookbook, Okashi with some adjustments. The recipe calls for the same amount of butter, sugar, flour and eggs but I’ve reduced the icing sugar and used large eggs instead.
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Matcha Pound Cake
- 150 g cake flour or plain flour
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 150 g unsalted butter - soft to touch
- 130 g icing sugar - sifted
- 3 large eggs - lightly beaten
- some red bean paste - as filling
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Line a 23 x 13cm loaf pan with parchment paper. Sift flour, baking powder and matcha powder together and set aside.
- Beat butter and icing sugar together with a handheld electric mixer till light and fluffy, takes about 8 minutes. Gradually add eggs and beat well.
- Sift in flour mixture the second time into egg mixture in 2 portions and fold through completely with a rubber spatula.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared loaf pan and spread some red bean paste over it. Then top up with the remaining batter and smooth evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes or a skewer into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake in loaf pan after baked, then cool the cake completely on wire rack. Lastly dust some matcha powder over the cake before slicing.
- 150克 底筋面粉
- 1汤匙 抹茶粉
- 1/4茶匙 泡打粉
- 150克 无含牛油，稍微软
- 130克 糖粉，过筛
- 3个 大鸡蛋，打撒