This delicious Stir Fry Chicken with Salted fish is easy and quick to cook. My family members had a second helping of rice because the taste was so good and the diced salted fish was so aromatic. All you have to do is to marinate the chicken pieces with the seasoning for an hour or preferably longer and then just stir fry and within 15 minutes the dish is ready to be served. I’ve even tried to cook the chicken without the salted fish and it tasted equally good too.
Stir Fry Chicken with salted Fish
- 800 g 3 chicken thighs - cut into pieces
- 6 pips garlic - sliced
- 2 pips shallot - chopped
- 3 red chillies - seeded and cut
- 35 g salted fish - cut to small pieces
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hot soy bean paste - or use normal fermented soy bean paste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Mix chicken pieces with seasoning and marinate for at least one hour or longer.
- Heat up wok and add 1 tablespoon of oil, and fry salted fish till golden brown, dish up.
- In the same wok, add another tablespoon of oil,. fry garlic, shallots and chillies until aromatic. (you may add a little more oil, if you find the mixture is too dry.
- Add in chicken pieces and stir fry well for about 5 minutes. Add in 2 tablespoons of cooking wine, fry well again, followed by half cup of water （about 125ml or a little more) and lower heat. Cover with a lid and simmer chicken pieces for about 8-10 minutes at low heat or till cooked.
- Lastly add in fried salted fish, toss and stir well again. Dish up and garnish with some coriander leaves and serve immediately.
- 3个 鸡腿，约800克，斩块
- 6瓣 蒜头，切片
- 2粒 红葱头，剁碎
- 3条 红辣椒，去籽
- 35克 咸鱼，切粒
- 1汤匙 耗油
- 1汤匙 酱请
- 1/2汤匙 砂糖
- 1/2茶匙 麻油
- 2茶匙 黑酱油
- 1汤匙 辣豆瓣酱或用普通豆酱也可以
- 1/2茶匙 胡椒粉
- 同一个锅再加入一汤匙油，爆香蒜头片， 红葱头和辣椒。（我用的油会比较少，如觉得油不够可多加一点）