These cashew nut cookies are popular especially for the Chinese New Year, and many home bakers have their own version of the recipe. These addictively yummy cashew nut cookies are really easy to make. My family didn’t take long to polish off these crunchy, nutty cookies after I baked a batch. I’m definitely going to bake more for the upcoming Chinese New Year as a giveaway for my friends and relatives. Hopefully you’ll add this recipe to your baking list too!
- 125g salted butter，softened
- 85g icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 egg yolks (about 18g)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 240g plain flour, sifted
- 100g ground cashew nut (store bought from PH)
- 40g custard powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten for glazing
cashew nuts for decoration (toast in oven for about 5-8 mins at 180 deg C)
- Beat butter, icing sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract until just combined (about 30 seconds).
- Mix in plain flour, ground cashew nut, custard powder and baking powder to form a pliable dough.
- Place dough in between 2 plastic sheets, roll into 5mm thick. Cut into your preferred shape using a cookie cutter.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press half or whole cashew nut on top of the cookies and glaze with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 deg C for about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool cookies on cooling rack before storing them into an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from here with some adjustments
- 125克 牛油,
- 85克 糖分 （过筛）
- 1粒 蛋黄 （约18克）
- 1/4茶匙 香草香精
- 240克 普通面粉，过筛
- 100克 腰豆粉（买现成的）
- 40克 蛋黄粉 （卡士特粉）
- 1/4茶匙 泡打粉
- 1粒 蛋黄，打撒刷面用
- 适量腰豆 约100克，预先烤香 – 180度 5-8分钟
- 将牛油，糖粉，蛋糊和香精搅打均匀 （约30秒）。
- 将面团放在两张塑胶纸的中间，用杆棍杆成 5mm之厚片，用切饼印切成所需的形状。
- 送进预热烤箱以摄氏170C 烘 20-30分钟至金黄色便可取出.