These cashew nut cookies are popular especially for the Chinese New Year, and many home bakers have their own version of the recipe. These addictively yummy cashew nut cookies are really easy to make. My family didn’t take long to polish off these crunchy, nutty cookies after I baked a batch. I’m definitely going to bake more for the upcoming Chinese New Year as a giveaway for my friends and relatives. Hopefully you’ll add this recipe to your baking list too!
- 125g salted butter，softened
- 85g icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 egg yolks (about 18g)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 240g plain flour, sifted
- 100g ground cashew nut (store bought from PH)
- 40g custard powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten for glazing
cashew nuts for decoration (toast in oven for about 5-8 mins at 180 deg C)
- Beat butter, icing sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract until just combined (about 30 seconds).
- Mix in plain flour, ground cashew nut, custard powder and baking powder to form a pliable dough.
- Place dough in between 2 plastic sheets, roll into 5mm thick. Cut into your preferred shape using a cookie cutter.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press half or whole cashew nut on top of the cookies and glaze with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 deg C for about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool cookies on cooling rack before storing them into an airtight container.
- 125克 牛油,
- 85克 糖分 （过筛）
- 1粒 蛋黄 （约18克）
- ¼茶匙 香草香精
- 240克 普通面粉，过筛
- 100克 腰豆粉（买现成的）
- 40克 蛋黄粉 （卡士特粉）
- ¼茶匙 泡打粉
- 1粒 蛋黄，打撒刷面用
- 适量腰豆 约100克，预先烤香 - 180度 5-8分钟
- 将牛油，糖粉，蛋糊和香精搅打均匀 （约30秒）。
- 将面团放在两张塑胶纸的中间，用杆棍杆成 5mm之厚片，用切饼印切成所需的形状。
- 送进预热烤箱以摄氏170C 烘 20-30分钟至金黄色便可取出.
I’m very happy that I was invited to join Chinese New Year Party organized by Vermillion Roots . Here are the links to the sweet dishes shared by many great bloggers for this #SweetLunarNewYear party to celebrate the holiday. You can join the party on social media with the hashtag #SweetLunarNewYear.
Snow Fungus Soup by Vermilion Roots
Indonesian Honeycomb Cake (Bingka Ambon) by What To Cook Today
Chinese Peanut Cookies by Wok & Skillet
Vietnamese Steamed Rice Cakes by A Taste of Joy and Love
Gluten-Free Chinese Almond Cookies by Grits & Chopsticks
Black Sesame Shortbread Cookies by Little Sweet Baker
Ice Cream Mooncakes by Brunch-n-Bites
Coconut Red Bean Pudding by The Missing Lokness
Korean Caramelized Sweet Potatoes (Goguma Mattang) by What Great Grandma Ate
Cashew Nut Cookies by Anncoo Journal
One Bite Pine Nut Cookies by Yummy Workshop
Baked Coconut Walnut Sticky Rice Cake by Jeanette’s Healthy Living
Black Sesame Cream Puffs by Pink Wings
Cashew Nut Cookies by Roti n Rice
Mini Peanut Puffs (Kok Chai) by Malaysian Chinese Kitchen
Thousand Layer Cake (Lapis Legit) by Daily Cooking Quest
Pineapple Cookies (Nastar) by V for Veggy
Almond Orange Spiral Cookies by Butter & Type
Three Color Dessert (Che Ba Mau) by The Viet Vegan
Year of the Rooster Mochi by Thirsty for Tea
Korean Tea Cookies (Dasik) by Kimchimari
Sweet Sticky Nian Gao (Kuih Bakul) by Lisa’s Lemony Kitchen
Sweet Rice Balls with Peanut Butter (Tang Yuan) by Omnivore’s Cookbook
Candied Ginger (Mut Gung) by Plant Crush
Chick Egg Tarts by Dessert Girl
Red Bean Soup with Black Glutinous Rice by Nut Free Wok
Orange Scented Sweet Red Bean by Lime and Cilantro