These Almond cookies are crispy and yet will also melt-in-your mouth. This is an easy recipe as you just need to mix all the ingredients together by hand and then use a cookie cutter to stamp out the desired shapes, then bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
These sweet and salty cookies are full of almond flavour and the almond nibs give an added crunch, thus making them addictive. This is one of my favourite snacks and it is also great to serve these cookies during the upcoming Chinese New Year holidays.
In order to save time using cooke cutter, you can roll the dough into small balls (about 10g each) and bake for about 16 minutes
为了节省时间，可将面团搓成小圆球，约10克一粒 – 烤约16分钟即可
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 90 g icing sugar - sifted
- 70 g ground almond
- 130 g corn oil
- some almond nibs for topping - optional
- Sift all the dry ingredients including icing suger in a large bowl and mix well with ground almond.
- Make a well in the center and pour in corn oil. Use a rubber spatula to mix the ingredients till combined and use hand to knead it into a soft dough.
- Roll dough between 2 plastic sheets to a thickness about 3mm. Cut out the dough by using cookie cutter and use a small palette knife to lift up the cut-out soft dough and place on a baking tray lined with baking sheet. (or roll it into small ball).
- Lightly brush the top of cookie twice with egg wash. (one lightly beaten egg). Sprinkle some almond nibs on top if you prefer.
- Bake in preheated oven at 150C for about 15 mins or until golden brown.
- Leave cookies to cool on wire rack and store in airtight container.
- 250克 中筋面粉
- 1茶匙 泡打粉
- 3/4茶匙 苏打粉
- 1/4茶匙 盐
- 90克 糖分
- 70克 杏仁粉
- 130克 玉米油
- 杏仁碎，适量 （可不放）
- 将面团放在隔在两张塑袋间杆成约 3mm之厚片，模具压出花型。然后用刮刀轻轻的把压出的花型摆在烤盘上-底部铺纸（也可以搓成小圆球）。
- 刷上蛋液 – 刷2次 – （一个鸡蛋,打撒），撒上少许杏仁粒即可。