These Two-Tone Cookies are pretty to look at and can be easily made within a short time. The cookies are light and crumbly with a nice flavour of valrhona cocoa powder and they literally melt in your mouth. You can either mix with cocoa powder or matcha powder as desired to get the two-tone colour. They are great to serve for anytime of the day or at any special occasions especially for the Chinese New Year which is just around the corner.
- 160 g butter soft to touch
- 80 g icing sugar sifted
- 1 medium size egg about 60g with shell
- 200 g cake flour or plain flour sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Valrhona or Hershey's cocoa powder, sifted
- Whisk butter and icing sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Lower speed add vanilla extract and slowly add in beaten egg till well mixed followed by flour, tablespoon by tablespoon.
- Stop machine and use rubber spatula to fold well mixture. Divide mixture into two portions and add cocoa powder into one mixture, fold well.
- Prepare a piping bag fitted with star tip, transfer cocoa batter on one side of the piping bag and plain batter on the other side.
- Pipe each cookie on the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven 180 deg C for about 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
- 160克 牛油，稍软
- 80克 糖分，过筛
- 1个 全蛋，连蛋壳约60克，打撒
- 200克 底筋或中筋面粉，过筛
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 1汤匙 可可粉(用 Valrhona或Hershey 牌子会更香)，过筛- 也可以换用抹茶粉