These dairy free almond orange cakes are delicious and quick to bake. The cakes are soft and spongy with the lovely fragrance of ground almond and orange. You don’t have to use a cake mixer to mix the ingredients, only for whisking the egg whites. Then fold the egg whites into the flour mixture, scoop or pour them into the cupcake liners and pop them into the oven to bake. Definitely great for an afternoon tea or anytime of the day.
I adapted the recipe from ‘here‘ using rice flour but change the flour ingredients with some adjustments as I find the taste a bit bland after my first attempt.
Almond Orange Cake
- 90 g cake flour sifted
- 1 tbsp corn flour (corn starch) sifted
- 50 g ground almond almond meal
- 1 orange zest
- 90 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 ml orange juice
- 60 ml corn oil
- 1 large egg
- 75 g egg whites from 2 egg whites
- icing sugar or snow powder to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin pans with 9 paper cases. Combine cake flour, corn flour, almond meal, orange zest and sugar in a large bowl, mix well. Add the vanilla, orange juice , oil and whole egg. Stir until just combined and set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into flour mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Fill the paper cases with the mixture to 3/4 full, then top with some raisins (or almond flakes). Bake for about 25-30 minutes till lightly golden or skewer inserted into cake comes out dry.
- Cool completely. Serve dusted with the icing sugar or snow powder before serving.
杏仁香橙蛋糕 Almond Orange Cakes
杏仁和香橙配搭香气十足，口感还不错 -蛋糕有一点单性松软 – 很适合作为下午茶甜食糕点。
- 90克 底筋面粉，过筛
- 1汤匙 栗米粉，过筛
- 50克 杏仁粉
- 1粒 鲜橙皮屑
- 90克 细砂糖
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 60毫升 栗米油
- 60毫升 鲜橙汁
- 1个 全蛋 （70克）
- 2个 蛋白 （约75克）
- 预热烤箱至摄氏180度。 玛芬烤盘内放入9个纸杯。将面粉，栗米粉，杏仁粉，香橙皮屑及砂糖放入碗中，混合均匀。然后加入香精，橙汁，油和全蛋，再拌匀即可。