This soft and chocolatey Banana Chocolate Chip cake packed with banana flavour is super easy to make. In fact I have shared many banana cake or banana bread recipes before and you can find them in the Recipe Index above under Baked Cakes or Quick Loaf. This sinfully good recipe is filled with valrhona cocoa powder fragrance and topped with chocolate chips. This cake is not overly sweet, much to my liking. This banana chocolate chip cake is definitely great to serve at any time of the day. You can just store this delicious cake in an airtight container overnight at room temperature for your morning breakfast too.
Just a little note: If you have overly ripe banana left in your pantry, don’t throw away. Peel off the skin and place them in a ziploc bag and mash with a rolling pin. Then place the bag in the freezer and thaw the bag of mashed banana before you want to use it.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
- 125 g butter soft to touch
- 95 g brown sugar or caster sugar
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g very ripe banana
- 55 ml dairy whipping cream or sour cream
- 110 g cake flour/plain flour
- 45 g cocoa powder valrhorna or Hershey's
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 55 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Grease or Spray a 9x5x3 loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar till fluffy with an electric mixer, then gradually beat in egg until combined followed by banana, vanilla extract and whipping cream, mix well.
- Add flour mixture in 3 batches into the the egg mixture and fold well with a rubber spatula after each addition. Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface..
- Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and gently press them into the batter.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely before cutting and serving.
- 蛋糕组织绵密松软，它还有巧克力的香味。 甜而不腻，真的很美味~
- 125克 软牛油 手指按压时能不费力的压下去就可以了
- 95克 赤糖或细砂糖
- 一个 大鸡蛋， 打撒
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 150克 熟透香蕉泥
- 55毫升 动物性奶油或酸奶
- 110克 底筋面粉或中筋面粉
- 45克 可可粉
- 1茶匙 泡打粉
- 1茶匙 苏打粉
- 1/4茶匙 盐
- 55克 巧克力粒
- 预热烤箱至摄氏170度。长形烤模（9 x 5 x 3寸）涂上牛油，备用。