Usually dried scallops are used to steam with eggs in most Chinese kitchen but in this recipe, I used frozen (fresh) scallops instead. The scallops still stayed tender even after 12 minutes of steaming. Just note that it is best to steam the eggs in a shallow plate so that the eggs will not be hardened but custard like, after setting. Not much seasoning is required and I only mixed with chicken broth. I’m sure that you can easily prepare this comfort dish for your family to enjoy at home.
Steamed Scallops with Salted Egg and Normal Eggs
- 6 pcs scallops fresh or frozen
- 4 large eggs
- 1 salted egg yolk and white separated
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- some cut spring onion
Marinade for scallops
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn flour
- dash of pepper
- Rinse the scallops, drain well and pat dry with kitchen towel, then mix well with marinade. Set aside for later use.
- Mix eggs, salted egg white and chicken broth with 1/2 tsp light soya sauce. Gently stir the egg mixture and pass through a sieve into the shallow plate.
- Cut scallops into quarters and drop into egg mixture followed by salted egg yolk (also cut into pieces).
- Heat up the steamer or wok with boiling water. Put in the dish. Wrap the cover with muslin cloth preventing the water drips from the lid onto the egg mixture.
- Lower heat to medium and steam for 5 minutes and another 5-8 minutes at medium low heat to just set. Occasionally lift up the lid to let the steam to escape.
- Garnish with spring onion and dash of pepper. Serve immediately.
- 6粒 新鲜或冷冻带子
- 4个 大鸡蛋
- 1个 咸蛋，蛋白蛋黄分开
- 250毫升 鸡汤
- 1/2茶匙 酱请
- 1茶匙 麻油
- 1茶匙 玉米粉
- 胡椒粉 适量
- 用大火把水煮沸，将盘子放 入蒸锅中，锅盖包上一块干净布，以免蒸水滴入蛋中出现蜂窝。