This Blueberry Swiss Roll cake is soft and moist with the filling of tangy, refreshing blueberry mousse filling. No gelatin is used in the blueberry filling but just thickened with little cornstarch. This cake is quick to make using the same method as the chiffon cake and is done within 60 minutes. This roll cake can stay fresh and soft for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator and is definitely a delicious light dessert treat for everyone at home after a heavy meal. It’s also very suitable for the coming Christmas holidays to impress your guests at home.
Perfect to serve this Blueberry Swiss Roll for the coming Christmas holidays!
Blueberry Swiss Roll
- 4 egg yolks - used large eggs
- 60 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 ml fresh milk
- 30 ml corn oil
- 50 g cake flour/plain flour
- 20 g rice flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g fresh blueberries - or frozen blueberries
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp corn flour (corn starch) - +2tsp water
- 120 g fresh topping cream (non dairy whipping cream)
- Preheat oven temperature to 180 deg C. Sift cake flour, rice flour and cocoa powder into a bowl, mix well and set aside. Line 10 x 11or 10 x 12 inch baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in another bowl, mix well. Add milk and vanilla extract, mix well followed by corn oil and blend well. Sift in flour mixture the second time into egg mixture and stir well.
- Make meringue - Beat egg whites and lemon juice until foamy. Add sugar mixture in 3 separate rounds beat until egg whites are glossy, with stiff peaks.
- Fold ⅓ of egg whites into the yolk mixture with a rubber spatula. Then pour in the remaining egg whites, gently fold before the next until just combined.
- Pour chocolate batter into prepared tray and spread out with a rubber spatula. Gently tap the tray to release air bubbles. Bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C for about 18 minutes. Remove cake from pan immediately after baked. Then remove the parchment paper and leave to cool.
- Blueberry filling - Place blueberries in a blender and puree to fine. Then pour blueberry puree into a small pot together with sugar and lemon juice, bring to boil. Lower heat and stir for about 2 minutes. Turn high heat again to boil, and stir in cornstarch solution to thicken blueberries mixture. Off heat and leave to cool, then place it in the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk whipping cream to stiff peak form. Stir well blueberry mixture again and fold whipped cream evenly into blueberry mixture with a rubber sputula.
- Place chocolate sponge cake (can use either side) on a plastic sheet or parchment paper (with a dry cloth placing beneath the plastic sheet to prevent slip while rolling up the cake).
- Spread blueberry mousse on top of the cake. Gently roll up the sponge cake to make a Swiss roll and chill it to set for about an hour. Fill the remaining bluebrry mousse into a piping bag with nozzle tip #852 and pipe on cake. Place the roll cake back to the fridge and chill for 1 - 2 hours before serving.
- 4个 蛋黄 （用大鸡蛋）
- 60克 细砂糖
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 30毫升 牛奶
- 30毫升 玉米油
- 50克 底筋面粉或中筋面粉
- 20克 粘米粉
- 1汤匙 可可粉
- 4个 蛋白
- 50克 细砂糖
- 1/2茶匙 柠檬汁
- 120克 鲜蓝莓
- 50克 细砂糖
- 1茶匙 栗米粉 + 2茶匙水 （搅匀）
- 130克 植物性奶油
- 预热烤箱致摄氏170度。面粉，粘米粉，可可粉一起过筛到一个碗里，备用。准备1个10 x 11或 10 x 12寸长方型烤盘 ，底部铺纸。
- 蛋白霜 – 用搅拌机把蛋白及柠檬汁打致起泡泡，细砂糖分3次加入，打致硬性发泡。
- 将巧克力面糊倒入烤盘中用刮刀抹平，轻轻的敲出气泡。放入预热烤箱烤约18钟 （*也要根据自己的烤箱温度而定）。蛋糕烤好后，立刻把蛋糕取出，倒扣撕掉底部烤纸，待凉。
- 蓝莓慕斯 – 将鲜蓝莓放入搅碎器里打成泥，然后倒入小锅中和细糖及柠檬汁煮滚，用小火焖煮2分钟。再调大火，倒入栗米粉水搅至浓稠即可。熄火待凉，放入冰箱冷藏10分钟。