Chinese Chive, Egg and Prawn Stir Fry 炒韭菜鸡蛋虾仁
This Chinese Chive, Egg and Prawn Stir Fry is healthy and easy to prepare at home. This dish which only requires 3 ingredients can be easily whipped up and served on the table within minutes. To give the Chinese chives a fresh sheen of green, just toss in some salt and cornstarch and do a quick stir-fry. If you love eating the traditional famous Chinese snack Guotie (Pot Sticker 锅贴or Chive Pockets 韭菜盒子) that filled with Chinese chives, this is another way to enjoy this simple dish without wrapping with the dough skin.
Healthy and delicious Chinese Chive, Egg and Prawn Stir Fry ~ can be easily whipped up and served on the table within minutes
Garlic chives (Allium tuberosum) , also known as garlic chives have a flat, grass-like leaf, not a hollow one as do onion chives. They are rich in Vitamin C, which prevents from common cold and fever, also rich in riboflavin, potassium, vitamin A, iron, thiamin, and beta carotene. These elements help in blood count increase, maintaining blood pressure, and increasing immunity power.
Chinese Chive, Egg and Prawn Stir Fry
- 180 g Chinese chives - cleaned and pat dry with kitchen towel
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 8-10 pcs prawns - shelled and deveined, pat dry with kitchen paper
- 2 large eggs - can add one more egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- dash of pepper
- Season prawns with some salt, pepper and sesame oil, set aside.
- Cut Chinese chives into 2 inches length (remove the white part), set aside.
- Crack eggs into bowl and add 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp light soy sauce with a dash of pepper. Beat with a fork.
- Heat up frying pan and add some oil into it. Drop in prawns and fry to fully cooked, dish up.
- Add 2 tablespoon of oil to the same hot pan Pour in beaten eggs and let it stay to semi set, then break into pieces, dish up and set aside.
- Toss Chinese chives with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of corn starch.
- Heat up the same frying pan with 1.5 (or a little more) tablespoon of oil, drop in the Chinese chives and 1/2 tsp of sesame oil, quickly stir fry under high heat for about 30 seconds. Then pour in the egg and prawns. Toss mixtures well and off heat. Serve immediately.
- 180克 韭菜， 洗净，用厨房纸吸干水分
- 1/2茶匙 盐
- 1茶匙 玉米淀粉
- 8-10只 鲜虾，剥壳洗净去肠线，用厨房纸吸干水分
- 2-3个 大鸡蛋
- 1/4茶匙 盐
- 1/2茶匙 酱请
- 将鸡蛋，1/4茶匙盐 和1/2茶匙酱请及胡椒粉一起打撒。
- 在韭菜上撒上/2 茶匙盐和1茶匙玉米淀粉在韭菜上快速拌匀。**这样炒出来的韭菜不容易出水，绿油油的，好看又好吃！
Chive Spring Rolls 韭菜春卷 (recipe/食谱）
I seldom cook with chives but your dish certainly looks appetising!
I love chives! This is one quick and very yummy stirfry, Ann.