These chive spring rolls are crackling crispy and the chive filling is light and flavourful. In fact I regretted for not making more of this delicious dim sum for our afternoon tea break. These crispy fried rolls can be easily made at home and it’s definitely a hit with anyone to enjoy them with chilli dipping sauce or just a pot of Chinese tea.
Spring roll is a deep fried pastry, usually available and popular in the Chinese dim sum restaurant. There are also many different versions of this pastry in the Asian countries. Spring roll filling is very versatile, you can use ground pork, chicken or prawns or only vegetables.
These chive spring rolls can be prepared a few days ahead and kept in the freezer. Just deep fry them straight from the freezer (do not defrost) 这款点心可以预先准备好（不用炸），收入冰格室。想吃的时候，无需解冻，直接下锅油炸即可
Chive Spring Rolls
- 120 g ground pork (minced pork) - with fat
- 80 g prawn meat, bash and roughly chop
- 150 g Chinese chives - remove the hard end and cut to 0.5cm length
- 1 egg - beaten
- 5 sheets spring roll wrappers - 8.5 x 8.5 inch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- dash of pepper
- Heat frying pan with oil and add beaten egg. Stir fry the beaten egg to break up to pieces, dish up and leave to cool.
- Filling - combine ground pork and prawn meat together. Add seasoning and mix well followed by chives and scrambled egg. Stir well again and chill chive mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Lay out the spring roll wrapper and add about 2-3 tablespoons of chive filling on top. Fold uncovered sides inward, rolling the wrappers closed tightly. Moisten the edge with some corn starch solution to seal (1 tsp corn starch + 1.5 tsp water).
- Heat up oil and deep fry the spring rolls at medium heat until golden brown about 2-3 minutes. Drain and serve immediately.
- 120克 肉碎（带肥比较好吃）
- 80克 虾肉，拍烂切小
- 150克 韭菜，硬部分不要，叶子切小段约0.5cm
- 1个 鸡蛋，打撒
- 5长 春卷皮
- 1/2茶匙 盐
- 1/2汤匙 酱油
- 1汤匙 麻油
- 5长 春卷皮 (8.5寸）
- 馅料 – 将肉碎，虾肉和调味料混合在一起，加入韭菜和鸡蛋碎，再拌匀即可。然后放入冰箱静置15分钟。