Hello friends and readers! Sorry for not updating my blog in the past 4 weeks. As I had some problem on my former blog, I decided that it’s time to move my blog to a new home. Finally I’m settling here on WordPress. Hope you like my new home and find it user-friendly. Please take a look around, especially the Recipe Index above and let me know what do you think. By the way, I’ll be away for about a week but will continue to update more recipes after 5th June. Here comes my recipe for the month of May 2016 😀
I love this marbled bundt cake! It’s yummy! The ground almond works well with the chocolate chips. It is not only dense and soft but also has the fragrance of almonds as well. If you don’t like the almond extract, you can use vanilla extract instead. This cake can be kept in room temperature for 2 days, it tastes better the next day, then in the fridge for another 3 days but don’t think you can keep the cake for that long!
This also marks the last bake for Bake Along which is their 5th year Anniversary. I really had fun joining all the great bakers and inspirations in this event in the past 5 years and definitely going to miss it!
- 180g butter, softened
- 105g caster sugar
- ¾tsp almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- 2tsp baking powder
- 180g plain flour
- 75g ground almond/almond meal
- 3 large eggs
- 2tbsp milk (I used diary whipping cream)
- 3tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 3 tbsp hot water to make a paste
- 50g chocolate chips
- recipe adapted from bbc.goodfood.com with reduced sugar
- Heat the oven to 180 deg C. Grease a 7inch bundt pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the almond extract.
- Sift together the baking powder, flour and ground almond. Beat in one egg at a time, adding a spoonful of the flour mixture in between. Repeat until all three eggs have been added, then fold in the remaining flour mixture with a rubber spatula and stir in the milk.
- Spoon half of the cake batter into a separate bowl and mix in the cocoa paste. Add the chocolate chips to the other half of the the mixture. Add spoonfuls of each of the batter alternately to the pan and use a chopstick to create a marbled effect through the mixture.
- Bake for around 40-50 minutes or a skewer inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- 180克 温室牛油
- 105克 细糖
- 3/4茶匙 杏仁香精 （或vanilla 香精）
- 2茶匙 发粉
- 180克 普通面粉
- 75克 杏仁粉
- 3个 大鸡蛋
- 3汤匙 谈奶
- 3汤匙 可可粉 + 3汤匙热水搅拌成泥
- 50克 巧克力粒