As the weather is getting hotter and more humid, I made this quick and easy refreshing chocolate orange jelly from the leftover oranges in my refrigerator. The top layer of chocolate is made with milk and cocoa powder. As usual I like to use Valrhona cocoa powder to give a chocolatey aroma layer top (you can use Hershey’s too). This is a perfect match with the citrusy orange layer. I used a round silicone mould that I bought from Daiso to make this jelly and it came out beautifully with the wavy pattern on top making it look like a pretty cake.
Chocolate Orange Jelly
Chocolate jelly layer
- 300 ml fresh milk
- 65 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tbsp agar agar powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp valrhona cocoa powder - or Hershey's
- 300 ml orange juice - freshly squeezed
- 400 ml water
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp agar agar powder - 1 packet
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice - or to taste
1 piece 8 inch silicone mould or use a normal cake pan
- Chocolate layer - Place the milk, sugar, vanilla extract and agar agar powder into a small pot. Using a hand whisk to stir well mixture at medium low heat (lightly boiled) and keep stirring until the sugar dissolved. Sieve cocoa powder directly into milk mixture and stir well again. Off heat and continue to stir for another minute.
- Strain chocolate mixture through a sieve into the mould. Leave to cool to set.
- Orange Layer - Bring water. sugar and agar agar powder to boil at medium heat, keep stirring until the sugar dissolved.
- Off heat and keep stirring liquid for another minute until bubbles disappear. Then pour in orange juice and lime juice, stir well mixture.
- Using a sharp knife to scrape the chocolate jelly (this will makes the jelly stick together after set). Pass orange liquid through a sieve on top of the chocolate layer and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
巧克力鲜橙果冻 Chocolate Orange Jelly
- 300毫升 牛奶
- 60克 细糖
- 1/2汤匙 菜燕粉
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 2汤匙 可可粉
- 300毫升 鲜榨橙汁
- 400毫升 水
- 100克 细糖
- 1汤匙 菜燕粉 （1包10克）
- 2汤匙 青柠汁或适量
- 1个 8寸圆蛋糕模
- 巧克力冻 – 将牛奶，细糖，香精和菜燕粉以中小火搅至细糖融化及微滚，筛入可可粉搅拌均匀。熄火。 再继续搅拌一分钟。
- 鲜橙冻 – 将水，细糖及菜燕粉用中火搅拌煮滚至细糖融化。
- 熄火，再继续搅拌约一分钟至液体完全没热泡泡，才把橙汁及 青柠汁倒入，搅拌均匀即可。