I love ‘Royce’ Nama Chocolate (Nama in Japanese means ‘raw’ or ‘fresh’) and I’m sure no one can resist popping a piece of this heavenly rich flavourful chocolate into their mouths and love it immediately. This small piece smooth creamy chocolate melted in your mouth and burst slowly like a decadent truffle. It is not very sweet as good quality chocolate is used and mixed with whipping cream to form ganache, and then dusted with cocoa powder. So here is my Earl Grey Nama Chocolate recipe adapted from a Chinese cookbook 烘焙新手. The recipe is very easy to follow and the taste is very unique, with a hint of Earl Grey tea and honey in the chocolate. Definitely worth to make this at home for your loved ones.
- 300g Dark Chocolate (can use Lindt brand or valrhona 70%)
- 180g(or ml) Whipping cream (dairy cream) (measure to 140g (ml) after boiling)
- 12g Earl Grey leaves (I used 6 tea bags)
- 20g Butter
- 1 tbsp Honey
- cocoa powder (varhlorna) for dusting
- Chop dark chocolate into small pieces and add butter on it, set aside. (for easier mixing, you may melt the chocolate in double boiler then stir in butter to smooth)
- Heat up whipping cream and earl grey tea bags till a boil at medium heat. Turn off heat, cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags. Measure cream to 140g(ml) and mix with honey and bring to a boil at medium heat again.
- Pour the very hot cream into chocolate pieces and stir till chocolate melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a 7 inch square pan lined with non-stick baking paper. Leave chocolate to set for at least 2 hours.
- Cut chocolate into small square pieces with a warm knife and dust with cocoa powder. Serve immediately or return the chocolate to fridge to chill.
**If you don't like to use Earl grey tea, change to 300g chocolate and 150g whipping cream. Change honey to rum.
- 300克 黑巧克
- 180克 鲜奶油 (动物性奶油)
- 12克 伯爵茶叶 (我用6包伯爵茶包）
- 20克 牛油
- 1汤匙 蜂蜜