This Flourless White Chocolate Cake is truly delicious and it is easy to bake without much effort. This gluten-free cake (recipe adapted from here with reduced sugar) has a combination of ground almond and desiccated coconut and the taste is perfect. The cake may look like a plain Jane but the crumb is soft and fragrant. You can’t really tell that there there is no flour at all in it. I like to serve it plain but you may top up with some whipped cream and fresh berries to go along with it.
The Flourless White Chocolate Cake may look like a plain Jane but the crumb is soft and fragrant, so delicious ~
I love chocolate (who doesn’t?) and always have chocolate in my fridge so that I can eat or use it for baking (cranberry cheesecake) whenever I feel like it. This white chocolate that I used is Meji brand, bought from IROHA MART @ Singapura Plaza.
Flourless White Chocolate Cake
- 100 g butter
- 120 g caster sugar
- 200 g white chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs separated
- 155 g ground almond almond meal
- 45 g desiccated coconut
- icing sugar or snow powder to dust
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Lightly grease a 20cm springform pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Place the butter, caster sugar and chocolate in a large bowl over a pot of boiled hot water. (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Stir the chocolate until melted and the mixture is smooth (if got difficulty in stirring the chocolate mixture, turn heat to low and off heat after mixture is smooth). Quickly stir in egg yolks and vanilla, followed by ground almond and desiccated coconut to a thick paste (like a soft dough). Leave mixture to cool.
- Place the egg white in a clean mixing bowl. Whisk until firm peaks form. Stir well the chocolate mixture again, then add half of the meringue and stir to loosen. Fold in the remaining meringue until evenly combined, taking care not to lose too much volume.
- Gently pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes at preheated oven 180 deg C, then lower temperature to 160 deg and continue to bake for another 15-20 minutes (to prevent too much cracks on the cake) until cake springs back when lightly touched or skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Take out cake from the oven and set aside in pan for 15 minutes to cool. Run a knife around the side to loosen. Remove the side and base of pan before transferring the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar or snow powder before serving. Cake can be chilled in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- 100克 牛油
- 120克 细砂糖
- 200克 白巧克力，拨开
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 5个 大鸡蛋 （蛋黄和蛋白分开）
- 155克 杏仁粉
- 45克 干椰丝
- 预热烤箱至摄氏180度。 准备一个20cm活动烤盘，抹油底部铺纸。
- 将牛油，砂糖和巧克力放入大碗中，放在一小锅热开水上（确保巧克力碗不会沾到水）。将巧克力混合物搅至融化 （觉得搅拌有一点困难的话，可以开小火继续搅拌至混合物融化，熄火）。然后放入香精，鸡蛋快速的拌匀，才加入杏仁粉及椰丝，用刮刀翻拌均匀至浓稠状态（有一点像软面团），待凉。