Hawthorn Apple Tea 山楂苹果茶
This healthy and refreshing Hawthorn Apple Tea with only a few ingredients is so easy to prepare. The simple ingredients are hawthorn berries (山楂干), red apples, water and rock sugar. It has a unique tangy flavour and hawthorn fragrance with the almost melt-in-your mouth boiled soft apples. It is best to serve it chilled as an after meal dessert or anytime for the day.
Hawthorn (山楂) helps to regulates blood pressure, lowers cholesterol and body fat. Also good for relieving for poor appetite or indigestion.
Hawthorn Apple Tea
- 2 large red apples
- 50 g dried hawthorn berries
- 150 g rock sugar - or to taste
- 2500 ml water
- Rinse dried hawthorn berries a few times and soak in water for 10 minutes. Then rinse and drain away water.
- Peel and core apples, then chop to pieces.
- Drop chopped apples and dried hawthorn into the pot of 250oml water. Bring to boil for 10 minutes, then simmer at low heat for 30 minutes.
- Lastly add rock sugar and stir till dissolved. Serve warm or chilled.
- 很喜欢这山楂苹果茶，健康又容易煮。 酸酸甜甜的又非常的香. 还有那入口即化的苹果口感真好！最好放进冰箱冷藏做饭后甜品.
- 2颗 大红苹果
- 50克 山楂干
- 150克 冰糖或适量
- 2500毫升 水
Hi Ann, may I know where can I buy hawthorn berries? Thanks
HiAi Li, can get the dried hawthorn berries from Hockhua Tonic.
This is so good. I like Chinese haws…