These Mini Almond Orange Cakes are flourless (gluten free) and dairy free too. These cute mini bite size cakes are soft and fragrant with the aroma of orange zest and ground almonds. Only 6 ingredients are needed, eggs, sugar, orange zest, salt, ground almond and cocoa powder for dusting. Mixing the ingredients is so easy with the egg separation method and only takes you under 15 minutes to prepare. Just pop the muffin pans into the oven to bake for about 13-15 minutes. Then you can start to enjoy these healthy dainty cakes with your family for breakfast or tea time break.
Mini Almond Orange Cakes
- 2 large eggs - separated
- 40 g caster sugar
- 2 orange zest
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 70 g ground almond - almond powder
- cocoa powder - for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Fill 2 mini muffin pans with paper cups (18 pieces).
- Beat egg whites until foamy with an electric mixer. Add half of the sugar and beat until egg whites are glossy, with stiff peaks and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, the rest of the sugar, orange zest, and salt. Beat at medium speed for about 1 minutes until smooth.
- Stir well the ground almond with a hand whisk and pour into the egg yolk mixture, mix into a paste form. Fold in 1/4 of egg whites with a rubber spatula. Then pour in the remaining egg whites, gently fold the mixture until just combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly into muffin pans and bake for about 13-15 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to completely cool on wire rack.
- Lightly dust with some cocoa powder on top of cakes.
- 2个 大鸡蛋
- 40克 细砂糖
- 2粒 香橙皮屑
- 1/8茶匙 盐
- 70克 杏仁粉